[strongSwan] Setting routes via dhcp option for win10 clients

Roger Skjetlein rskjetlein at netrunner.nu
Fri Jan 12 14:34:38 CET 2018

Hi,

noticed in the documentation that it is possible to set routes on the win10
clients via dhcp options. This seems like a awesome feature and we could
avoid pushing static configs to the users.

https://wiki.strongswan.org/projects/strongswan/wiki/Windows7#Split-routing-on-Windows-10-and-Windows-10-Mobile

In other words, does this mean that strongswan is actually pushing option
249 to the client that connects if righsourceip is set to use a dhcpserver ?

I have a testsetup running, but cannot see any routes pushed from the dhcp
server via strongswan.

RS