[strongSwan] Routing on clients

Christian Salway christian.salway at naimuri.com
Tue Aug 7 09:07:59 CEST 2018

Hello all,

After several months of using strongSwan, I still can't get the routing to work correctly on the clients.  I have run out of pages to read on the strongswan website so I hope you can help me out.

The problem is when I connect to strongSwan, the routing is not configured correctly on the clients (OSX and Windows) - using native (built-in) clients. All updated with the latest patches/updates.

OSX will set up a route based on the local_ts but when I open a simultaneous connection to another strongSwan server, it removes the route from the first VPN connection and adds it's own based on the local_ts.

WINDOWS doesnt add the route at all.

In either cause, I normally have to manually add the routes in.

Has anyone had any success? Can they please shed some light as to how they achieved it?

Kind regards,

Christian Salway
IT Consultant - Naimuri

T: +44 7463 331432