[strongSwan] using IPsec with systemd

Tobias Brunner tobias at strongswan.org
Tue Sep 19 11:45:03 CEST 2017

Hi Marcos,

> I setup two connections with ipsec and now I was checking how to use
> systemd with ipsec. Now Im using package charon-systemd
>
> https://wiki.strongswan.org/projects/strongswan/wiki/Charon-systemd
>
> but not accepts ipsec.conf file. I can't find examples about changes to
> do to use this system, and config file produce error,
>
> Someone used to find examples about changes to work ipsec.conf with systemd?

As stated at the top of the page you referenced:

  Instead of using starter and an ipsec.conf based configuration, the
  daemon is directly managed by systemd and configured with the swanctl
  configuration backend. ipsec.conf based configurations are not
  supported with that daemon, as that would require the starter process.

See [1] for details on swanctl, swanctl.conf, vici etc.

Regards,
Tobias

[1] https://wiki.strongswan.org/projects/strongswan/wiki/Swanctl