[strongSwan] Strongswan VPN Profile for Android.

Aanand Ramachandran aanandr at microsoft.com
Sat May 27 00:53:07 CEST 2017

Hi
I followed the instructions at the following URL to create a Strongswan VPN client profile for Android - https://wiki.strongswan.org/projects/strongswan/wiki/AndroidVPNClientProfiles
My profile looks very similar to the example profiles on this page. I named the file with a .sswan extension and emailed it to a user. The user opened the email on his Android phone. He already had the Strongswan client app installed on his phone. However, he couldn't import the profile into the app and use it to dial a VPN connection. What could be the problem? The link above talks about publishing profiles through a web page but clearly provides an email attachment option too. The link also refers to a file media type. I didn't do anything specific to set the file's media type. Could that be the reason why the import is failing? How do I set the media type for a file?

Thanks for your help.

Aanand [MSFT]