[strongSwan] listen interface specification

Piyush Agarwal agarwalpiyush at gmail.com
Tue May 2 19:13:09 CEST 2017

Noel,
Thank for pointing out my mistake -- my bad I should have read the
ipsec.conf carefully.

Having said that, I have now specified "lo" as the charon.interfaces_use
and I see it is NOT finding an IP address that the lo has for listening on.

charon {
*        interfaces_use = "lo"*
        load_modular = yes
        plugins {
                include strongswan.d/charon/*.conf
        }
}

The charon.log has no interfaces and IP addresses now:

00[KNL] known interfaces and IP addresses:
00[LIB] feature PUBKEY:DSA in plugin 'pem' has unmet dependency: PUBKEY:DSA

I was expecting it to listen on 1.100.0.5 given lo has that IP address.

Could one not specify "lo" as the charon.interfaces_use? Could it be
because of the state the interface is in? It is strange that charon didn't
find ANY ip for the loopback (not even 127.0.0.1). Any help for debugging
would be great. Thanks.