[strongSwan] listen interface specification

Piyush Agarwal agarwalpiyush at gmail.com
Tue May 2 01:13:26 CEST 2017

Hi,
I am using strongswan 5.1.2 on Ubuntu 14.04 and I need to specify the IP
address on which to listen on. I found some ipsec.conf manpages (
https://linux.die.net/man/5/ipsec.conf) which suggest a config item
"listen", but strongswan 5.1.2 at least doesn't seem to have this option.

Is there not a way to specify the listen IP address? In my case, this IP
address is actually on the loopback interface. As long as I can specify the
listen interface, I should be fine.

config setup
*    listen=10.100.0.5*

conn %default
    ikelifetime=60m
    keylife=20m
    rekeymargin=3m
    keyingtries=1
    keyexchange=ikev2
    authby=rsasig

conn 10.10.10.8
    type=transport
    left=10.100.0.5
    leftcert=left.cert
    leftsendcert=always
    rightcert=right.cert
    right=10.10.10.8
    auto=start

*/etc/ipsec.conf:7: unknown keyword 'listen' [10.100.0.5]*
*unable to start strongSwan -- fatal errors in config*

--
Piyush Agarwal
Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.