[strongSwan] IKEv2 remote /64 IPv6 prefix : Is it possible?

Alan Evans alanrevans at gmail.com
Wed Mar 29 10:44:21 CEST 2017

Hello list,

I have a remote client that needs to use IPv6 virtual addresses but it
doesn't want to use a /128 address it requires a /64 IPv6 prefix.
This behaviour is defined in RFC6459
<https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6459#page-16>. (Strongswan is being used
as an ePDG in a 3GPP IMS network)

Is there a configuration I can use that can achieve this? It seems that
only a /128 address can be allocated from the address pool.

I have managed to get it to work by adding the rightsubnet to the
configuration:

     rightsubnet=  fd59:66df:ba18:5402::/64
     rightsourceip=fd59:66df:ba18:5402::1

but this means I need a different config entry for every client of this
type. (BTW: its an iPhone).

I'm going to take a look at the source code but thought I'd ask in case
anyone else has faced a similar issue.

Thanks in advance
Alan

---