[strongSwan] Strongswan plugins

Tobias Brunner tobias at strongswan.org
Thu Mar 2 15:20:29 CET 2017

Hi Aanand,

> In case of the Android App or the Network Manager - does all this mean
> that if I were to add additional EAP plugins they will not show up in
> the UI and hence users dialing through the UI wouldn't be able to see
> and use them?

Most EAP methods can't be selected explicitly in the UI.  The Android
app, for instance, just provides an option for EAP-TLS (using client
certificates) and EAP with username/password (which includes methods
like EAP-MD5 and EAP-MSCHAPv2).  Depending on the additional EAP method
no changes might be required in the UI after enabling it.  What
additional EAP method are you considering?

> But on Linux these additional EAP methods can be consumed
> through command line?

With the config files (or VICI) you have the option to configure EAP
methods explicitly for each authentication round.  But again, enabling
the EAP method might already be enough to use it if it gets requested by
the server and the client config is not restricted to a specific EAP method.

Regards,
Tobias