[strongSwan] Strongswan plugins

Tobias Brunner tobias at strongswan.org
Thu Mar 2 10:41:54 CET 2017

Hi Aanand,

> I would like to know if some or all of the plugins defined here - are
> available on the Strongswan client too.

The strongSwan IKE daemon may be used as client or server or both,
depending on the configuration.  It does not enforce a clear distinction
(excluding specific client implementations that use libcharon, like the
Android app or the NetworkManager integration).  The plugins may or may
not be applicable to a given scenario (e.g. eap-radius, which only
verifies credentials, is only useful for server connections, similarly,
the resolve plugin, which installs DNS servers, is a component that's
only relevant on roadwarrior clients).

Regards,
Tobias