[strongSwan] Can we configure the multiple IP pools of virtual IP addresses (using VICI of strongswan-5.2.2)?

Chinmaya Dwibedy ckdwibedy at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 24 19:09:03 CEST 2017

Thank you Noel for your response.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Fri, Jun 23, 2017 at 5:53 PM, Noel Kuntze<noel.kuntze+strongswan-users-ml at thermi.consulting> wrote:   Just list the pools ip connections.<conn>.pools.
>From the Man page:

      connections.<conn>.pools []
              Comma separated list of named IP pools to  allocate  virtual  IP
              addresses  and  other  configuration  attributes from. Each name
              references a pool by name from either the pools  section  or  an
              external pool.

Allocation happens from the first pool to the last pool. Allocation is attempted once per pool.
You can't "skip" pools or something. Allocation/requesition of an address of a pool only fails if it's fully utilized
or if the pool's family is different from the requested virtual IP's family.

You can assign leases in the pool per ID. No idea about limitations of the number of pools.