[strongSwan] Using RADIUS EAP-TLS auth on the Strongswan Android app

Aanand Ramachandran aanandr at microsoft.com
Sat Jun 24 03:06:10 CEST 2017

Hi
When creating an "IKEv2 EAP-TLS" auth profile in the Android Strongswan app there is an option to manually specify the CA certificate. This is the root certificate that is used to validate the IKEv2 VPN server. Now, if I am using a RADIUS server to do EAP-TLS authentication then the client has to additionally validate the RADIUS server (using the RADIUS server's certificate). How should I specify the root certificate for RADIUS server cert validation? I am using a private CA and hence the root cannot be found in the trusted certificate store on Android.

Aanand