[strongSwan] A way to make my internal DNS server resolves all DNS requests (internal and internet)?

Sarefrech sarefrech at wanadoo.fr
Wed Jun 14 18:51:01 CEST 2017

hi all,

I've been using INTERNAL_DNS_DOMAIN with attr plugin to let my IPAD requests dns resolutions to my intranet DNS servers. That works ok.

However I would to know if/how I could :

- ideally send all DNS requests (whole internet & internal)  to my internal DNS servers. I did not find any kind of wildcard domain name (*.*) to do this. Is it possible?

- otherwise, make my dns list modifications (for example : when adding a domain to the ones initially configured) more dynamic by moving out the INTERNAL_DNS_DOMAIN option from the attr section in strongswan.conf to ... I don't know where. Would VICI interface be an option?

Best regards,

Régis