[strongSwan] Error while running Charon

rajeev nohria rajnohria at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 20:43:37 CEST 2016

Thomas,

I tired both way and did not help. Not sure what I could be missing.  In
following I also tried removing swanctl section, that also did not work.

# strongswan.conf - strongSwan configuration file
#
# Refer to the strongswan.conf(5) manpage for details
#
# Configuration changes should be made in the included files

swanctl {
  load = pem pkcs1 x509 revocation constraints pubkey openssl random
}

charon {
load_modular = yes
plugins {
include strongswan.d/charon/*.conf
}
}

 filelog {
        /var/log/charon.log {
            # add a timestamp prefix
            time_format = %b %e %T
            # prepend connection name, simplifies grepping
            ike_name = yes
            # overwrite existing files
            append = no
            # increase default loglevel for all daemon subsystems
            default = 10
            # flush each line to disk
            flush_line = yes
        }
stderr {
            # more detailed loglevel for a specific subsystem, overriding
the
            # default loglevel.
            ike = 4
   cfg = 4
   asn = 4
   app = 4
            tls = 4
     esp = 4
            chd = 4
            knl = 0

        }
    }

include strongswan.d/charon/*.conf

*root at Xilinx-ZCU102-2016_1:/usr/etc/strongswan.d/charon# ls*
aes.conf             pem.conf             sha1.conf
attr.conf            pgp.conf             sha2.conf
cmac.conf            pkcs1.conf           socket-default.conf
constraints.conf     pkcs11.conf          sshkey.conf
des.conf             pkcs12.conf          stroke.conf
dnskey.conf          pkcs7.conf           updown.conf
fips-prf.conf        pkcs8.conf           vici.conf
hmac.conf            pubkey.conf          x509.conf
kernel-netlink.conf  random.conf          xauth-generic.conf
md5.conf             rc2.conf             xcbc.conf
nonce.conf           resolve.conf
openssl.conf         revocation.conf

root at Xilinx-ZCU102-2016_1:/usr/etc/strongswan.d/charon# *cat nonce.conf*
nonce {

    # Whether to load the plugin. Can also be an integer to increase the
    # priority of this plugin.
    load = yes

}