[strongSwan] Strongswan[5.4.0] unix:///var/run/charon.vici

rajeev nohria rajnohria at gmail.com
Fri May 13 04:51:49 CEST 2016

Andreas,

I can ping6   fe80::20c:29ff:fe9d:7d88 and when I tried to establish Ipsec
connection using charon-cmd, I get following error. Do I need to setup
anything to following to work?

ubuntu:/var/log$ sudo charon-cmd --host fe80::20c:29ff:fe9d:7d88 --identity
fe80::20c:29ff:fe32:ba9c
00[DMN] Starting charon-cmd IKE client (strongSwan 5.4.0, Linux
3.16.0-30-generic, x86_64)
00[LIB] loaded plugins: charon-cmd pkcs11 aes des rc2 sha2 sha1 md5 random
nonce x509 revocation constraints pubkey pkcs1 pkcs7 pkcs8 pkcs12 sshkey
pem openssl fips-prf gmp xcbc cmac hmac kernel-netlink resolve
socket-default xauth-generic
00[JOB] spawning 16 worker threads
06[IKE] unable to resolve fe80::20c:29ff:fe9d:7d88, initiate aborted
06[MGR] tried to checkin and delete nonexisting IKE_SA
ubuntu:/var/log$

Thanks,
Rajeev