[strongSwan] delete IPsec SA in transport mode

Nimo gnimozyu at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 10:49:48 CET 2016

delete IPsec SA in transport mode

Hello,
I'm looking for your advice to delete SA without DPD.

I use strongSwan U5.3.2/K3.10.84 and xl2tpd 1.3.1. with following
configuration.

[ipsec.conf]
config setup
charondebug = "ike 4, cfg 2"

conn L2TP-PSK
        authby=secret
        auto=add
        keyingtries=3
        keyexchange=ikev1
        rekey=no
        dpddelay=10
        dpdtimeout=90
        dpdaction=clear
        ikelifetime=120s
        lifetime=90s
        margintime = 10s
        type=transport
        left=X1.X2.X3.X4
        leftprotoport=17/1701
        reauth = yes
        right=%any
        rightprotoport=17/%any

L2TP client OS is Windows7 and it does not support DPD.

If the client disconnect IPsec without delete-SA, for example blue screen
e.t.c, then I think linux system keeps the SA until strongSwan is restared.

I saw https://wiki.strongswan.org/projects/strongswan/wiki/Windows7 . But
my question is:

1) ikelifetime, lifetime and margintime are ignored if rekey is "no" ?
2) Do you have any configuration to delete the IPsec SA automatically with
"rekey=no" ?
3) I want to delete IPsec SA if no packet arrived during specifed period.
Is it possible ?

Thank you,