[strongSwan] ipsec.secrets file is missing

Tobias Brunner tobias at strongswan.org
Mon Jun 6 16:36:35 CEST 2016

>> Can somebody tell me, if /etc/ipsec.secrets file will created at compile time or during run time ? if so, can you give me some suggestion on where to look, if the ipsec.secrets file is missing.
>
> Neither.

Actually, if scepclient is built there is some legacy code in starter
that checks if ipsec.secrets exists and if it does not creates the file
and uses scepclient to generate a key and self-signed certificate [1].
My guess is that nobody actually uses this functionality so I suppose it
would be safe to remove that code.

Regards,
Tobias

[1]