[strongSwan] Strongswan doesn't route through VPN on Windows 10, but works on android.

Tobias Brunner tobias at strongswan.org
Tue Jul 12 17:57:49 CEST 2016

Hi Dirk,

> But in Windows, the connection status states "IP 10.1.1.21, Netmask
> 255.255.255.255, No Gateway", so that any traffic to the internet is
> send unencryptedly via the normal internet connection.
>
> What do I have to do to let windows route everything through the VPN?

You might have to open the advance adapter settings of the IKEv2 WAN
miniport adapter and there in the advanced TCP/IPv4 properties activate
the "Use default gateway on remote network" option if it's disabled (it
wasn't in older Windows releases, but might be in Windows 10).  See [1]
for more infos on (split-)tunneling with Windows.

Regards,
Tobias

[1]
https://wiki.strongswan.org/projects/strongswan/wiki/ForwardingAndSplitTunneling#Split-Tunneling-with-IKEv2