[strongSwan] Converting ipsec.conf to swanctl.conf

Andreas Steffen andreas.steffen at strongswan.org
Thu Feb 25 19:13:24 CET 2016

Hi Michael,

the name of <child> can be freely chosen. If you have a single CHILD_SA
then you could name it the same as <conn>. With multiple CHILD_SAs each
SA has a name of its own. As you correctly noticed "leftsubnet" equals
"local_ts" and "rightsubnet" is "remote_ts".

With swanctl you start the CHILD_SA:

   swanctl --inititate --child <child>

but you can terminate the CHILD_SA only:

   swanctl --terminate --child <child>

or the IKE_SA with all dependent CHILD_SAs:

   swanctl --terminate --ike <conn>

Best regards

Andreas