[strongSwan] Support for TPM in Strongswan

Andreas Steffen andreas.steffen at strongswan.org
Wed Feb 10 20:57:45 CET 2016

Hi Mahendra,

private keys bound to a TPM are currently available for use with
strongSwan IKE public key authentication via the PKCS#11 interface
offered by the pkcs11 plugin, only. To be honest, I've never been able
to get the PKCS#11 support coming with the tpm-tools package up and
running, though.

strongSwan can use a version 1.2 TPM directly for TCG TNC attestation
purposes (Quote and Quote2 signatures) but not for general
authentication signatures.

Best regards

Andreas

Andreas Steffen                         andreas.steffen at strongswan.org