[strongSwan] something like tinc?

Andreas Steffen andreas.steffen at strongswan.org
Thu Sep 24 18:14:31 CEST 2015

Hi James,

using IPsec kernel encryption you can define a virtual IP address
to be used within the tunnel.

If you insist on a tun interface then you could use the libipsec plugin
which does all the IPsec encryption/decryption in user space if you
are willing to incur the considerable loss in performance.

Best regards

Andreas

Andreas Steffen                         andreas.steffen at strongswan.org
strongSwan - the Open Source VPN Solution!          www.strongswan.org