[strongSwan] something like tinc?

James jameszee13 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 16:36:45 CEST 2015

All,

I was hoping someone could set me in the right direction. After using
Tinc[1] for years I was hitting a major bottleneck as the app is tied
to one proc.

Happily switched to strognSwan -- the performance is vastly better.

What I _do_ like about Tinc that seems to be missing from strongSwan
is the ability to use private addressing. With Tinc you create a tun
interface and assign an IP address to it; other nodes are similarly
configured in the same address space. That new address space can then
be used to pass traffic between nodes.

Is it possible to do that with strognSwan somehow? Based on the
documentation I poured over it appears that this is /not/ supported,
but I wanted to double check.

Many thanks in advance.

1 http://www.tinc-vpn.org/