[strongSwan] network-manager-strongswan and charon-nm are unreliable, as it seems

Harald Dunkel harri at afaics.de
Tue Sep 15 14:05:05 CEST 2015

Hi folks,

I have 2 problems with network-manager-strongswan (1.3.1) and
charon-nm (5.3.2):

- if the IPsec connection goes down, then it is not restarted

- if I try to reconnect manually, then I have to try two or
three times. Sometimes I have to reboot to make it work again.

Using a "regular" road warrior configuration via /etc/ipsec.conf
there is no problem, so I wonder if n-m-s and charon-nm could be
improved?

Every helpful comment is highly appreciated

Regards
Harri