[strongSwan] StrongSwan VPN

Dragos Ilie dragos.ilie at bth.se
Thu Sep 3 13:59:02 CEST 2015

Hi,

You can try running tcpdump or Wireshark on the host with Strongswan. If
you see ESP packets spaced in time approximately as the ping ICMP
packets. If all you see is plaintext ICMP, than your ping is not
forwarded over the tunnel.

Best regards,
Dragos

Dr. Dragos Ilie, dragos.ilie at bth.se
Assistant Professor of Telecommunication Systems
Blekinge Institute of Technology
Department of Communication Systems
SE-371 79 Karlskrona, Sweden

Phone:   +46 455 38 58 71