[strongSwan] migration from StrongSwan 5.1.2 to 5.3.2

Li, Charlie Charlie.Li at amd.com
Thu Sep 3 01:32:34 CEST 2015

Hi Team,

I have been using StrongSwan 5.1.2 (in Ubuntu 14.04) for a while. Attached are the ipsec.conf and ipsec.secrets files used for my tests. Basically PSK = ipsec is used for all connections.

But when I use the same ipsec.conf and ipsec.secrets files with StrongSwan 5.3.2 (in Fedora 22), it does not work.

Looks like with 5.3.2, ipsec.secrets file is not used anymore, instead swanctl.conf is introduced.

Appreciate if someone can show me how to migrate to 5.3.2.

Thanks,
Charlie