[strongSwan] why is "rekeying disabled" seen in the "ipsec statusall" output?

Rajiv Kulkarni rajivkulkarni69 at gmail.com
Tue May 26 16:44:10 CEST 2015

Hello Tobias,

Thanks for the help and the pointer to the wiki-page with the important info

Yes ofcourse...as you said with the values i have used for lifetime,
rekeytime would be <=0.

So for my specific requirement of ensuring quick rekeys, should i use
rekeymargin as <=3m? so that rekeytime would not become 0?. This is
required for my setup to reproduce a crash which happens after multiple
rekeying, while constant traffic (bidiectional udp and/or tcp streams)
flowing thru the established ipsec tunnel.

Iam trying to ascertain whether the crash is happening during a rekey
collision or due to some other reason. My GW platform is openwrt and iam
running v5.0.4-strongswan

(iam keeping ikelifetime as 30m)

thanks & regards
rajiv