[strongSwan] NAT-T port configuration

prasobh.s25 at wipro.com prasobh.s25 at wipro.com
Thu Mar 19 10:18:36 CET 2015

Thank you Martin,

Best regards,
Prasobh

-----Original Message-----
From: Martin Willi [mailto:martin at strongswan.org]
Sent: 19 March 2015 14:43
To: Prasobh S (WT01 - Global Media & Telecom)
Cc: users at lists.strongswan.org
Subject: Re: [strongSwan] NAT-T port configuration

Hi,

> 1. Is it possible to use port other than 4500 for NAT-T UDP
>    encapsulation. If yes how can I configure it ?

Yes, with the "port_nat_t" option in strongswan.conf, refer to [1] for details.

To initiate a connection to a host with non-default ports, use the ipsec.conf rightikeport option. Instead of initiating to port 500 and switch to port 4500, you have to directly initiate to the NAT-T port by specifying it with rightikeport.

> 2. Is it possible to change the keep alive timer interval using
>    strongswan or other methods ?

Yes, using the "keep_alive" option, also described at [1].

[1]https://wiki.strongswan.org/projects/strongswan/wiki/strongswanConf