[strongSwan] NAT-T port configuration

Martin Willi martin at strongswan.org
Thu Mar 19 10:12:30 CET 2015

Hi,

> 1. Is it possible to use port other than 4500 for NAT-T UDP
>    encapsulation. If yes how can I configure it ?

Yes, with the "port_nat_t" option in strongswan.conf, refer to [1] for
details.

To initiate a connection to a host with non-default ports, use the
ipsec.conf rightikeport option. Instead of initiating to port 500 and
switch to port 4500, you have to directly initiate to the NAT-T port by
specifying it with rightikeport.

> 2. Is it possible to change the keep alive timer interval using
>    strongswan or other methods ?

Yes, using the "keep_alive" option, also described at [1].

[1]https://wiki.strongswan.org/projects/strongswan/wiki/strongswanConf