[strongSwan] need for calling TASK_IKE_CONFIG before TASK_CHILD_CREATE in task_manager_v2.c

Ravi Kanth Vanapalli vvnrk.vanapalli at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 23:16:08 CET 2015

Dear Dev Group,

  What is the need for activate the TASK_IKE_CONFIG before
TASK_CHILD_CREATE.

  As I see from the code TASK_IKE_CONFIG assigns the IP addresses to the
virtual interface.
  Could we activate this task after TASK_CHILD_CREATE is complete. What
would be the side effects if we activate the IKE config task later. ?

My understanding the complete control path for IKE completes only after
TASK_CHILD_CREATE is complete. Logically ip address assignment should
succeed TASK_CHILD_CREATE.

Please help further clarify.

RaviKanth VN Vanapalli