[strongSwan] FW: FW: strongswan ipsec monitor via SNMP

Michael Schwartzkopff ms at sys4.de
Fri Jul 31 17:05:39 CEST 2015

Am Freitag, 31. Juli 2015, 19:37:01 schrieb Nitin Agarwal:
> Hello Monti and Michael
>
> I also wanted to do same things and my team started the work on same.
> We have done good work on this and trying to update information via SNMP in
> OpenNMS.
> We wanted to integrate with OpenNMS, so that we can show in GUI and make
> custom reports. But, unfortunately, this was taking too much long time.
> So, this development was stopped.
>
> If you want to develop same and integrate with OpenNMS, then I can share
> details with you.
>
> And, other than this, can anybody suggest any available monitoring tool for
> IPSEC tunnel which we can run on server and it will show status of all
> active tunnels with some reports or similar ?

Integration into OpenNMS should be very simple if you have a working SNMP
agent. But the Agent ist the problem. This is really hard work.

A very simple solution is the "extend" feature of net-snmp. You could
integrate your scripts into the net-snmp agent.So gathering some basic data,
like
- number of tunnels in Phase 1
- number of tunnels in phase 2
- number of isakmp established
- ...

should be possible very easy. Just read man snmpd.conf. Please also feel free
to contact me for further questions or for the integration into OpenNMS.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Michael Schwartzkopff

--
[*] sys4 AG