[strongSwan] StrongSwan & Kerberos authentication?

Ken Nelson ken at cazena.com
Fri Jan 30 20:24:24 CET 2015

Does StrongSwan have support for authenticating remote access clients against a Free IPA Server using Kerberos?  I want to authenticate road warrior clients running Mac OS X connecting to a StrongSwan VPN server (using IKEv1) and authenticate them against an IPA Server using Kerberos.  Is this possible?  I don’t see anything in the documentation saying it is possible, but nothing refuting it either.

Here’s a diagram:

< Mac OS X remote laptop >   <—— IKEv1 ——>  < StrongSwan VPN Server >  <—— Kerberos ——>  < Free IPA Server >