[strongSwan] Ipsec up/down(brining up one client up/down) is a trigger to bring back up A non-responsive server

meenakshi bangad mbangad at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 22:39:09 CET 2015

Please find the output attached for  "ip -s x p" on the server.

There are in total 11 clients. 10 clients from one machine using
load-tester plugin and 1 from my IOS device. IP addresses :

 inet 10.10.2.1/32 scope global eth0
    inet 10.10.2.7/32 scope global eth0
    inet 10.10.2.10/32 scope global eth0
    inet 10.10.2.6/32 scope global eth0
    inet 10.10.2.8/32 scope global eth0
    inet 10.10.2.5/32 scope global eth0
    inet 10.10.2.4/32 scope global eth0
    inet 10.10.2.2/32 scope global eth0
    inet 10.10.2.3/32 scope global eth0
    inet 10.10.2.9/32 scope global eth0

When this condition happens, both the CPU's are 99% idle. I have to wait
for minutes for this situation to clear up and sometimes it might not clear
up at all!

thanks,

Meenakshi