[strongSwan] IKEv2 EAP identity

Andreas Steffen andreas.steffen at strongswan.org
Thu Aug 27 15:34:42 CEST 2015

Hi Ajay,

from my experience Windows 7/8 does not allow you to choose the
EAP Identity when using EAP-TLS with user certificates.
If a subjectAlternativeName is present in the certificate
then this is preferred over the subjectDistinguishedName (DN).

What's new to me is that the CommonName (CN) would be chosen
as the EAP Identity.

Regards

Andreas