[strongSwan] server/client scenario with rsa auth or rsa plus xauth across all types of clients?

Noel Kuntze noel at familie-kuntze.de
Sat Sep 20 17:30:39 CEST 2014

Hello Cindy,

As you want to require credentials to be able to login, as well as support IKEv1 AND IKEv2,
you need at least two conn definitions. The reason is, that there are different credential based
authentication methods implemented in IKEv1 and IKEv2. There's just XAUTH for IKEv1
and EAP for IKEv2. You can use any supported EAP method in IKEv2.
Many native Apps only support PSK and credentials or RSA and credentials,
so forcing people to use credentials anyway is the way to go, I think.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Regards,
Noel Kuntze

GPG Key ID: 0x63EC6658
Fingerprint: 23CA BB60 2146 05E7 7278 6592 3839 298F 63EC 6658