[strongSwan] VPN connection loss problem

Andreas Steffen andreas.steffen at strongswan.org
Sat Oct 11 11:06:41 CEST 2014

Hi,

you can activate Dead Peer Detection (DPD) on the VPN gateway.
When the VM client force closes this will be detected after the
DPD timeout (usually after about 2-3 minutes depending on the
configured DPD parameters) and the connection will be shut down
properly by the VPN gateway which in turn is reporting to the
RADIUS server.

Regards

Andreas

Andreas Steffen                         andreas.steffen at strongswan.org