[strongSwan] Startup with strongSwan 5.2.0

Prashant Upadhyaya prashant.upadhyaya at aricent.com
Thu Jul 31 11:16:56 CEST 2014

>>Seems like you are missing some basic plugins. Have you copied them to your target?

PU> Does the make install  not copy all the plugins already ? Well, I can copy manually whatever is required. Can you please let me know what a plugin file looks like. I did a quick check in the source tree after the build and do see the *.lo files, but no *.so files.
I just took everything which "make install" created, to the target i.e the following directories
bin  etc  lib  libexec  sbin  share
In lib/ipsec/plugins, I see a lot of *.a and *.la files, but they seem more like for static linking for development purposes
I don't see any plugin like files in libexec
In share/strongswan/templates/config/plugins, I do see files which are just *.conf
Can you please tell what I should check after the build to see if my plugins are in place.

>>When defining a --prefix=, that prefix is used on your target, the files must be installed and accessible under that path. To just install your files to a mounted root filesystem, use the DESTDIR [1] variable when invoking "make install".

PU> Currently I took care of this manually and adjusted the paths at the target accordingly to match what was passed with --prefix. So I think I am good there. (Without doing this gave me a problem so I am sure that I managed to repair it successfully.)

Regards
-Prashant