[strongSwan] Can I use %any in the "right" parameter of a connection?

Martin Willi martin at strongswan.org
Wed Jul 30 08:47:28 CEST 2014

Dan,

> I thought I could use "%any" for the right parameter and then specify the
> exact ip addresses using the rightsubnet.

What exactly is your intention when doing so?

>   right=%any
>   rightsubnet=10.100.1.10[tcp/3306],10.100.1.20[tcp/3306]

> 11[CFG] installing trap failed, remote address unknown

To which IKE gateway should we initiate on matching traffic? This
information is missing from your configuration.

strongSwan currently does not support any-trap policies, where the
connection is initiated to the destination of the offending traffic.
Tobias did some work for that at [1], but this has not been integrated
to mainline yet.

If you need to cover these two hosts, just use two configurations having
"right" set to the appropriate host.

[1]http://git.strongswan.org/?p=strongswan.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/trap-any