[strongSwan] Strongswan 5.1.3: traffic processing spans to only one core in a multi-core environment

Shahreen Ahmed sahmed at adax.co.uk
Fri Jul 11 17:15:41 CEST 2014

Hello Martin,

I am currently using 'esp=aes128gcm16' based encryption and seeing
improvement in throughput. The authentication is based on x.509
certificates and the server CPU has 'aes' flag enabled.

I am following this link below as a reference on performance measurement
done by Intel.

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/intelligent-systems/wireless-infrastructure/aes-ipsec-performance-linux-paper.html

Where 2Gbps could be achieved with single core using AES-NI-GCM crypto
driver.

Can you please give me a bit of guideline on to get this much
throughput, if I would need to take any further configuration
option/trick into account.

Your response would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Shahreen

Shahreen Noor Ahmed
Network Support Department