[strongSwan] Strongswan 5.1.3: traffic processing spans to only one core in a multi-core environment

Shahreen Ahmed sahmed at adax.co.uk
Wed Jul 9 17:47:09 CEST 2014

Hi Martin,

In my setup I used AES-128 encryption with pre-shared key based
authentication.

On the following hashed mark point, can you please give me a bit more
detail about how should we make the following into effect i,e enabling
AES-NI or AES-GCM? Should we do it using ipsec.conf config files or we
need something else?

##
AES-NI is quite powerful and should allow you to increase your
throughput. However, running AES in GCM mode is preferable, as using a
traditional HMAC integrity function could become the bottleneck
otherwise.

##

Thanks,
Shahreen