[strongSwan] Strongswan using VTI - got it working!

Martin Willi martin at strongswan.org
Fri Dec 19 15:07:09 CET 2014

> Question:  what is the use of that table 220? Do we have a CLI to avoid
> Strongswan installing that route? It's not necessary in case of VTI.

strongSwan installs routes for negotiated policies to a dedicated
routing table mainly for two reasons:
      * Avoid any conflicts with the main routing table, for example
        with the default route
      * Ignore routes from this table when doing route lookups for IKE
        traffic; IKE packets should always bypass the tunnel.

To disable automatic route installation, set the install_routes option
to no in the strongswan.conf "charon" section. The routing_table and
routing_table_prio options allow you to customize installation of
routes.