[strongSwan] questions on syslog output; linux server/mac client RSA certificate auth

Cindy Moore ctmoore at cs.ucsd.edu
Fri Dec 19 02:40:42 CET 2014

Well, I found that switching to Cisco IPsec for the vpn type in the
Mac vpn setup and just using xauth-pam worked.

I'm torn between jumping up and down with joy and banging my head on the desk.

The one thing I'm battling now is that it seems to drop the connection
after about 30 minutes.  Is this a known thing?  I'm sitting on a
connection now to get good syslog info.