[strongSwan] setting up a mac os x client

Cindy Moore ctmoore at cs.ucsd.edu
Wed Dec 10 16:53:42 CET 2014

Oh, thanks for the hint on the xauth-noauth workaround.  I don't want
to use username/passwords unless I hook it into our ldap, but
recompiling everything with the xauth-pam configuration enabled isn't
high on my list.

One question about compiling it, on the
https://wiki.strongswan.org/projects/strongswan/wiki/InstallationDocumentation
page, it says (Under Building StrongSwan, step #3)

Configure strongSwan using some of the options above:

 ./configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --<your-options>

There are no "options above".  Also, what is the standard options list
configuration?  It seems to me that if one is interested in adding an
option, they should have
the original compile (configure) directive to refer to so they can
simply add the extra option in without unknowingly deleting options
that are standard (if any).