[strongSwan] dns problem when using the dhcp plugin

Noel Kuntze noel at familie-kuntze.de
Thu Dec 4 22:13:33 CET 2014

Hash: SHA256

Hello Hasse,

Please post a logfile created with the settings shown below. The logfile should contain anything from when you start the daemon
to when you stop the daemon after you tested it.
Please use a filelogger. The necessary configuration steps are described at [1].

                        default = 3
                        mgr = 1
                        ike = 1
                        net = 1
                        enc = 0
                        cfg = 2
                        asn = 1
                        job = 1                
                        knl = 1

[1] https://wiki.strongswan.org/projects/strongswan/wiki/LoggerConfiguration

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Regards,
Noel Kuntze

GPG Key ID: 0x63EC6658
Fingerprint: 23CA BB60 2146 05E7 7278 6592 3839 298F 63EC 6658

Am 04.12.2014 um 21:40 schrieb Hasse Hagen Johansen:
> Hi
> I have setup a connection definition as from the sample for windows7
> I am using this for connecting my android phone with the strongswan client and sometimes a windows 7 client.
> For a long time I have had the rightsourceip set to a static ip-address on my local lan and used the attr plugin to set the DNS server to the local dns server on the strongswan endpoint. Which have worked fine (I am using split-horizon dns. So I have names which resolves to localnet addresses when using the local dns server and external addresses when using dns servers on the internet)
> Now I would like to use the dhcp plugin which I also got somewhat working. I am getting an address from the dhcp on the vpn client. The problem is that it seems the strongswan client on android is not setting the right dns (or is not getting the right dns from the strongswan server). I still the configuration with the attr config enabled & and I have also checked on my computer that I get the right DNS via DHCP. But my phone doesn't get the right DNS server when using the dhcp plugin, but works finr if I set rightsourceip to a static address again.
> On "server side" (a openwrt router) I am running strongswan 5.1.3
> and the strongswan android app is version 1.4.5 based on strongswan 5.2.1
> I hope someone have some insite into this - if it is a bug or I have made an mistake
> Best Regards
> Hasse
> _______________________________________________
> Users mailing list
> Users at lists.strongswan.org
> https://lists.strongswan.org/mailman/listinfo/users

Version: GnuPG v2


More information about the Users mailing list