[strongSwan] Overlaping IP addresses

Michael Schwartzkopff ms at sys4.de
Tue Dec 2 14:44:26 CET 2014

Hi,

We have a problem setting up VPNs and I wanted to know if StrongS/WAN can help
us. Mainly we deal with overlapping IP addresse. This can happen in two cases:

1) Two customers use the same RFC1918 network internally. So it might happen
that two boxes at customers get the same IP address. Does StrongS/WAN provide
a solution for this problem? Can StrongS/WAN distwinguish between both
clients? If yes, how?

2) A customer has two of our boxes in his network. Our VPN server only sees
the extnal IP address of the NAT box, which is identical for both VPN clients
internally. Can StrongS/WAN distuingish between both boxes? If yes, how?

Thanks for any hints.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Michael Schwartzkopff

--