[strongSwan] Add routes? (Was: Anyone got strongSwan working with Aruba Networks (as a Aruba VIA client)?)

Martin Willi martin at strongswan.org
Mon Apr 28 12:14:37 CEST 2014

> One thing I notice is that when I add multiple subnets to rightsubnet
> only the last one is shown in statusall and the IPSec policy list.

> child: dynamic === <list of rightsubnet...>

strongSwan just proposes a list of local and remote traffic selectors;
your peer is free to narrow these subnets or drop some of them. Check
your peer configuration for the configured subnets.

Maybe your Aruba box expects clients connecting just a single (virtual)
IP, and does not allow net-to-net connections?

> Do I need to enable IP forwarding maybe?

If your strongSwan box should do IPsec forwarding on behalf of other
hosts, yes. But not sure if your Aruba box allows that.