[strongSwan] OS X strongSwan client

Lance Blais lance.blais at codeartifacts.com
Fri Oct 18 19:03:59 CEST 2013

If it's trying to add it to /etc/resolv.conf then it won't work.

There's some shell commands for mac that change the DNS settings. This
has been a pain for many VPN clients on mac.

This may or may not help: https://discussions.apple.com/message/20982302

I don't know what Strongswan does internally to set the DNS but
there's a specific way to tell Mac to accept the new DNS settings.

On Fri, Oct 18, 2013 at 8:06 AM, Kris <KRI2183876 at maricopa.edu> wrote:
> Hi, I saw log 'installing 8.8.8.8 as DNS server...', but in my 10.9
> system, the DNS still the old ones, is this a known issue?
>
> --
> Kris
>

> On Mon, Sep 23, 2013 at 4:26 PM, Martin Willi <martin at strongswan.org> wrote:
>> Kris,
>>
>>> Any plan to support eap-radius authentication?
>>
>> eap-radius is a server plugin, so it is not directly related to the
>> client application. You can use eap-radius on a server, and use
>> EAP-MSCHAPv2 between the client and your AAA to do authentication.
>>
>>> After VPN connected, OSX still uses proxy setting from Wi-Fi, which is
>>> not right.
>>
>> We currently don't change any proxy settings. This might make sense on
>> connections not using split tunneling, so we'd have to detect that and
>> take appropriate action. I'll add it to my TODO list, but this currently
>> does not have high priority.
>>
>> Regards
>> Martin

Lance Blais
Software Developer - Security, Web & Mobile
http://blog.codeartifacts.com