[strongSwan] how to configure strongswan as ipsec client and ipsec server in the same host?

nanjian5 nanjian5 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 12 10:27:01 CET 2013

hi all,

I want to run strongswan4.6.4 as ipsec cleint and ipsec server in X86 linux
2.6.36.for example,  the topology is the same as this test example:
http://www.strongswan.org/testresults4.html

I want to cofinure Moon as ipsec server, with which the roadwarrior Alice
will establish ipsec tunnel.At the same time ,I want to confirun Moon as
ipsec clinet ,which will establish ipsec tunnel with Sun.

Packets from Alice will be encoded as ESP then sent to Moon.
After decoding ESP packets, Moon should encode packets as ESP and send to
Sun.

Can anyone give me an example to slove this problem?

Thanks in advanced

nanjian5