[strongSwan] Routing for Site-to-Site VPN

Alok Kumar alok.membership at gmail.com
Wed Mar 20 13:31:03 CET 2013

First of all Hello to everybody in strongswan mailinglist as I'm new in
this list.

Just done with a successful configuration of StongSwan's IPSec Site to Site
VPN. Basic parameter which I specified at LOCATION A & LOCATION B
configuration are provided below,

Upon successful connection establishment I'm able to PING
192.168.22.1(LocationB) from 192.168.11.1(LocationA) and Vice-Versa  but
not able to ping the same (192.168.22.1) from any other system connected of
Location A and ViceVersa.  I assigned other system at Location A the same
range of IP (i.e.192.168.11.0/24) and connected it to HUB/Switch which is
directly connected to eth1=192.168.11.1.

I'm facing this issue on Both Locations, do I need to add specific route on
both the location on each computer, please suggest what changes it requires?

LOCATION A:
eth0=121.xxx.xxx.xxx
eth1=192.168.11.1/24

(ipsec.conf)
conn wncon
     left=%defaultroute
     leftsubnet=192.168.11.0/24
     leftcert=wpub.pem
     right=151.xxx.xxx.xxx
     rightsubnet=192.168.22.0/24
     rightid="C=IN, ST=Maharashtra, L=Mumbai, O=test, OU=lab,
CN=151.xxx.xxx.xxx"
     auto=start

LOCATION B:
eth0=151.xxx.xxx.xx
eth1=192.168.22.1/24

(ipsec.conf)
conn wncon
     left=%defaultroute
     leftsubnet=192.168.22.0/24
     leftcert=npub.pem
     right=121.xxx.xxx.xxx
     rightsubnet=192.168.11.0/24
     rightid="C=IN, ST=Maharashtra, L=Mumbai, O=test, OU=lab,
CN=121.xxx.xxx.xxx"
     auto=start