[strongSwan] "ipsec stop" not doing handshake before stopping

Mohammed Rashid mail4rashid at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 11:04:00 CET 2013

Hi All,

I am using strongswan 5.0.2. When I am connecting two users  using
ipsec it is establishing the connection fine.
When I am doing "ipsec stop" from one user withing 1-2 minutes, it is
disconnecting from both sides properly

but when I am doing "ipsec stop" after 5-6 minutes from one user, then
the other side still shows established
connection, and then the pc even stops to ping each other.

I think there should be proper handshaking before "ipsec stop".

May be I am missing some configuration. Has anybody faced this issue before??

Below is my configuration.

config setup

conn %default
	ikelifetime=60m