[strongSwan] strongswan+freeradius+debian consultation

Andreas Steffen andreas.steffen at strongswan.org
Sat Mar 2 09:26:48 CET 2013

Hi Nery,

enabling additional plugins, recompiling strongSwan and installing
it again never changes existing ipsec.conf, ipsec.secrets and
strongswan.conf configuration files. Make sure to execute "make clean"
before compiling the new plugins because otherwise they won't be
loaded automatically during startup:

  cd strongswan-*   # go into existing source
  make clean        # clean out the old compiled code
  more config.log   # shows you the previous configure options
  ./configure <previous options> --enable-eap-radius
  make
  sudo make install

Then of course you have to configure the RADIUS server and password
in strongswan.conf according to our HOWTO.

  sudo ipsec restart

stops the existing VPN tunnels and loads the new EAP-RADIUS based
configurations.

Regards

Andreas

Andreas Steffen                         andreas.steffen at strongswan.org