[strongSwan] strongswan+freeradius+debian consultation

Nery Casanova lexus_lestat at yahoo.com.mx
Sat Mar 2 01:20:25 CET 2013

Hi everybody.

I´d like to thanks to everyone,

This is my scenario vpn. i have running strongswan 2.0 over debian 6.0. and i´d like to add the plugin EAP-Radius, in this way it should authenticate to my freeradius server so far is ok. i´m follow the tutorial showed in the page http://wiki.strongswan.org/projects/strongswan/wiki/UserDocumentation
but i got confuse. in the first part it says:
Installation
To compile strongSwan with the eap-radius plugin, add
--enable-eap-radius----------------------here is my question.

What happend if strongSwan already is running and y compile it the program again?
is it going to overwrite my actual configuration?

in positive case ¿ is there another way to add the eap-radius plugin?

thanks in advance.